- Timerange of production: 1960-1969
- Power: 42 CV at 7.000 rpm
- Displacement (ccm): 594 c.c.
- Type of engine: two-cylinder boxer engine, 4 stroke
- Transmisión: four-speed- cardan
- Suspension: Front wheel suspension: Earles fork with suspension units and oil pressure shock absorbers; Rear wheel suspension: Long swing arm with suspension units and oil pressure shock absorbers
- Maximum speed: 177 Km/h
- Weight: 202 Kg aprox.
Spectacular BMW R-69 / S, 1968. It has been recently restored. It works properly.
Model “S” for Sport: the R-69 / S was the top model in the series. By pistons, cylinder heads and special carburetors, BMW had increased the power of this 600 cc 42 CV.
When the engine was running at high speed for a long time, just breaking the crankshaft, so soon BMW equipped it with a counter rotating mass to minimize vibrations.
This model S is prized among collectors.