- Timerange of production: 1953-56
- Power: 21.0 HP (15.3 kW)) @ 6300 RPM
- Displacement (ccm): 345 cc
- Type of engine: V2, four-stroke
- Transmisión: Shaft drive (cardan), four speeds.
- Suspension: Front suspension: Hydralic telescopic forks; Rear suspension: Twin shock
Victoria Bergmeister from 1954
It works properly
We tend to equate German twins with the opposed “boxer” layout, but Victoria broke that mold with the Bergmeister.
It was a very innovative and well-engineered design, but the venture ultimately proved too expensive for cash-strapped Victoria. Production only lasted from 1953 to 1956, and in 1958 Victoria merged with the Zweirad union. Mopeds and scooters were made under the Victoria name until 1966, when the firm was bought out by Hercules.
The Bergmeister’s high development costs reflect the quality of the final product. The engine is rubber-mounted to the frame, and power is transferred through a four-speed transmission.
Bergmeisters are rare, interesting, and well engineered.
A great occasion to enjoy a great motorcycle.