- Timerange of production: 1952-58
- Power: 34 HP at 6000 rpm
- Displacement (ccm): 597cc
- Type of engine: 2 cylinder 4-stroke, flat twin
- Transmisión: 4 speed, transmission foot operated, driveshaft to rear axle: 1952-1958
- Maximum speed: 155 km/h
- Produced units: 640 units were produced in 1954 (5.003 were built in three variants: KS601, KS601 Sport y KS601 Elastic)
- Weight: 216 kg
Zündapp KS601 Sport from 1954
It has old restoration.
It works properly.
Spanish document. TÜV ok
Around 1949, Zundapp began preliminary design work on an entirely new model for the KS series.
The KS601 was produced from 1950 to 1958. During those years a total of just over 5000 were built in three variants; the KS601 through 1957 with plunger suspension, the KS601 Sport from 1952 to 1957 with more horsepower, and the KS601 Elastic from 1957 to 1958 with the Sport engine and swingarm rear suspension.
The KS601 Sport with 34 horse instead of the standard 28, was a strategie of factory in the attempt to boost interest against BMW.
Today, a legend on two wheels.